Friday, September 18, 2009

Congratulations Frances Sylvia!













I would like to introduce our very first Guest Designer- Frances Sylvia! We love following Sylvia's blog, she is a very talented scrapper and we are honored that she has excepted our invitation to be our Guest Designer. She will be receiving the materials for our next kit (Kit #4) very soon and she will design some awesome projects to share with you!


My name is Frances Sylvia and I am from Natchitoches, Louisiana, the small, Southern town where Steel Magnolias was filmed. By day, I am a Junior High English teacher, and by night, I am a lucky wife of 8 years, mother of 4, and a totally addicted scrapbooker. Though my greatest inspiration comes from my family and friends in the photos, I usually begin a layout by searching for inspiration via the internet. That usually means finding a cool sketch, a new, interesting challenge, or a handmade technique to incorporate into my layout. I truly believe that I do not have a set style, yet there are some elements I can not leave off a layout these days, such as, hand or machine stitching, buttons, doodling, distressing, and layering. Since my time is mostly devoted to being a wife and mother, I believe that scrapbooking should be FUN!! I like to think that I am funny and my sense of humor usually ends up spilling over on to my layouts.

I have been in love with Treasured Memories for many years and I am thrilled to be a part of a fantastic growing community. Thanks so much for this opportunity Janet and Wendy! I am honored to be the Kitz Girlz’s first guest designer.

If you would like to visit and talk a little scrap, stop by my blog Forever and a Year…I would love to hear from you. And again…thanks.


1 comment:

  1. Yayyyyyy, Frannie, MY GIRL! Way 2 Go! Can't wait to see what you do with next month's fab kit.

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE A COMMENT